Dentist in North Plainfield, NJ
All our professionals at W.Robert Howarth, DDS, FASD maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in dentistry.
Dr. Howarth is:
- A Licensed Dentist in the State of New Jersey
- Charter member, past president and fellow of the Academy for Sports Dentistry
- Brain Injury Association of New Jersey Board Member
- The dentist for Rutgers University Atheletic Teams for 17 years
- A retired Army Lt. Colonel serving both active duty and the Army Reserves for 22 years
- B.A. Biological Sciences Rutgers College
- M.S. Microbiology Rutgers Graduate School
- D.D.S. N.Y.U. College of Dentistry
- New Jersey Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Central District Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Association of Military Surgeons – AMSUS
Dr. Howarth is originally from Highland Park, N.J. He proudly attended Rutgers University in New Brunswick N.J. He received a B.A. in Biological Sciences and a MS in Microbiology, then graduated from NYU Dental School in 1976.
He served in the US Army at Fort Benning, GA and retired as LT. Colonel after serving both active duty and reserves for 22 years. Dr. Howarth has been providing general Dental care for 35 years in North Plainfield, NJ.
He has been a member of the Central Dental Society since 1980. Dr. Howarth’s passion is Sports Dentistry.
In 2004, he attained Fellowship status in ASD and became an ASD Certified Team Dentist in 2013.
As a Certified Team Dentist he is a USOC volunteer. This allows him to provide dental care for our Olympic Athletes at his office.
Dr. Howarth has lectured at the Yankee Dental meeting, Chicago and South Carolina. He presented a table clinic at the Hinman Dental Meeting with his son Lt. Timothy W. Howarth, DMD. He most recently lectured in Japan.
Dr. Howarth his been the team dentist for Rutgers University since 1999. He has used his expertise and experience to educate numerous trainers and athletes on the importance of wearing mouthguards.
Dr. Howarth is very active in his community. He is a member of the local Lions Club. Following his passion for Sports Dentistry he donates custom fitted mouthguards for the North Plainfield football and field hockey programs. He has provided this service for 25 years.
He lives with his wife of 42 years, Barbara and has three children Robyn, Rob and Tim.
Call Us at (908) 754 4111